What to see in Mumbai in two days
From Bollywood to the beaches, Mumbai has a wide array of attractions to see and enjoy. Mumbai is the financial capital of India, and thousands of people come to this city every year in the hope of trying their luck in movies. If you are in Mumbai just for a couple days, but do not want miss what this wonderful city has to offer, then OneHowTo.com will tell you what to see in Mumbai in two days. Follow this itinerary on day 1 and day 2, and you will not regret your short visit after this.
- Gateway of India: No place can be better than this to begin your Mumbai tour. In 1911, Mumbai citizens collected money to build this memorial, and it was through this arch that British soldiers departed at the time of Indian independence.
- Regal Cinema Circle: From here, you can see the Colaba Causeway, the Madam Cama Road, National Gallery of Modern Art, Prince of Wales Museum, Bombay’s clocks, Old Custom’s House and Asiatic Library, all representing different facets of the city, its history and culture.
- Koli Fishing Village: Take a taxi from the Regal Cinema Circle and reach Cuffe Parade. Your trip to Mumbai will be incomplete without watching the original inhabitants, the Koli fisher folk.
- Fort District: From Koli Fishing Village, drive towards the historical Fort District, and enjoy the magnificent views of the Victoria Terminus, Bombay University, Town Hall and the Asiatic Library.
- Marine Drive: Stop on top of the Princess Street flyer, and see a panoramic view of the sea and the Marine Drive. Spend your evening at the Chowpatty Beach, where you will see local families enjoying evening breeze. Try food stalls selling bhel puri and pav bhaji, the Mumbai local favorites.
- Elephanta Island: It is a World Heritage Site, that showcases Lord Shiva legends carved in the rock cave temples. This trip will take 3 hours to complete. So, leave in the morning, so that you can come back before lunch.
- Mani Bhavan: Have your lunch, and take a cab to Mani Bhavan, the home of Mahatma Gandhi in Mumbai. This is now a museum, displaying Gandhi’s life with the help of doll tableaus.
- Dhobi Ghat and Haji Ali: In the evening, drive down to the Hali Ali, and see Mahalaxmi Temple, Dhobi Ghat and Haji Ali Mosque. You will be amazed to see the unique laundry system of Mumbai at Dhobi Ghat.
Now that you have finished your 2 day tour to Mumbai, you have covered almost every attraction that you would not want to miss out. However, there are many other things which you must have visited, provided that you had time.
If you are visiting India, we recommend you read these articles:
If you want to read similar articles to What to see in Mumbai in two days, we recommend you visit our Travel category.