How to Get to Universal Studios Singapore
Officially opened to the general public in May 2011, Universal Studios Singapore has become one of the most popular attractions in the Resort World of Sentosa. Being the only Universal Asia in South East Asia, it is a must visit place for tourists as well as locals in Singapore. Located on the Sentosa Island, it is situated on the southernmost tip of the country, and overlooks Singapore Straits from a stone throw’s distance. The Studios are spread across 20 hectares in size, and occupy most of the eastern part of Resort World Sentosa. The Studios have been divided into seven zones, which are New York Zone, Hollywood Zone, Sci-Fi City Zone, Ancient Egypt Zone, The Lost World Zone, Far Far Away Zone and Madagascar Zone. If you are in Singapore and want to know how to get to Universal Studios Singapore, then this oneHOWTO article will give you complete information on that.
How to get to Universal Studios Singapore from Chinatown
If you are in Chinatown, Singapore, and want to go to Universal Studios Singapore, then you have the following options to get to Universal Studios Singapore:
- By Taxi: Take a taxi and reach the Studios in less than 10 minutes, although you may not have the money for this expense.
- By MRT: Take an MRT from the Chinatown station. Get on a North East Line of MRT that is heading towards the Harborfront. Get down at the Harborfront station and walk till VivoCity. From here, you can walk to Sentosa through Broadwalk. If you don’t wish to walk over, you can take Sentosa Express Monorail from the VivoCity Mall’s top floor, or take a taxi from there. After alighting at Harborfront station, take Exit B and follow directions to reach Singapore Cable Car station near Harborfront Tower II. You can reach Imbiah Lookout by cable car, from where you can take Sentose Express Monorail and get down at Waterfront Station.
How to get to Universal Studios Singapore from Bugis
You have following options to reach Universal Studios Singapore from Bugis:
- By Taxi: Easiest way to reach the Studios is to hire a taxi from your hotel direct to your destination, but will be an expensive deal for most.
- By MRT: Traveling by MRT train is the cheapest way to commute in Singapore. Nearest MRT station in Bugis is the Bugis MRT station. Take an MRT to the Outram Park MRT station, alight there, and change train to reach Harborfront MRT station. From here, you can walk till the VivoCity Mall, and continue walking until Resort World Sentosa, or take a Sentosa Express Monorail from top floor. You may also take a bus from the bus interchange, and reach Sentosa in less than 10 minutes. Cable car is another option to reach Universal Studios Singapore from Harborfront MRT station.
How to get to Universal Studios Singapore from Orchard Road
If you are on Orchard Road, you have the following options to reach Universal Studios Singapore:
- By Taxi: The most obvious and easiest way is to book a taxi and reach your destination. Although the taxis in Singapore are reasonably priced, you may be confused due to their complicated fare structure. Also avoid booking taxi over phone, as you will have to pay unnecessary surcharges due to advance booking
- By MRT: It is a little complicated to travel to Universal Studios Singapore from Orchard Road, as you will have to change your transport several times. From Orchard Road, you have to take an MRT from the Orchard station on Red line, then alight at Dhoby Ghaut and take another MRT to Harborfront station on North East line, and then get down from MRT. Walk till VivoCity Mall and get on a Sentosa Monorail from the mall’s top floor, or take a cable car to reach Waterfront station. You can also walk till the Sentosa World Resort and reach the Universal Studios Singapore.
Know before you go
Universal Studios Singapore remains open from 10am to 7pm everyday, irrespective of weekends and public holidays. There are different tickets for children, adults and seniors, and you have the option to buy one day or two day passes. Some of the must-enjoy attractions are Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase, Revenge Of The Mummy Ride, WaterWorld, Shrek 4-D Adventure, Enchanted Airways and Madagascar- A Crate Adventure.
if you love theme parks, you'll also enjoy going to Alton Towers in the United Kingdom too!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get to Universal Studios Singapore, we recommend you visit our Travel category.